I'm a woman

I'm a woman
Photos copyright Laurence Gouault
No reproduction on other media without the photographer's permission.

Saturday 18 January 2014

Shoulder, shock, surprise, by Stevie subtle Haston.


Shoulders quickly loose their ability to function thru a wide range of motions, this is normal but a bit scary if you are getting old, or stop using them.



So of course the answer is to keep using them and keep them functioning thru a wide range of motion. If you are like me your range of motion might be compromised. When I was young I could shake hands behind my back! Now it's hard to scratch my back. The good news is it should come back with work.  So heres a yoga pose, or stretch (first photo) and a stretch with sling, you can substitute a broom etc for this. Don't overdo this stretch do not pull agressivly, or past any real tolerence, it's a passive stretch at minimum or just where you engage the stiffness.


If you are stiff in this area, and nearly evey one is especialy males, a little work might be in order. I couldnt do a move the other day, I felt too short, the problem was lack of shoulder mobility.


Standing stretch you might notice it stretches the front side of your body, pecs and frontal deltoids. Like I said be really careful, dont blame me if you overdo it, take it easy.